Fresh Movie Reviews and Opinions on Current Film Industry News

Monday, August 9, 2010

Movie News: The End is Near..

Says film director Matthew Vaughn. The director of kick-ass says that the industry has pummeled the genre 'til near death and he plans to end off the long, winding, hot and cold road of superhero flicks with a bang with his new X-Men to be released summer 2011.
"I've always wanted to do a big-budget superhero film and I think we've kind of crossed the Rubicon with superhero films. I think [the opportunity to do one], it's only going to be there two or three more times. Then the genre is going to be dead for a while because the audience has just been pummeled too much."
With audiences constantly hungry for some good superhero juice, Vaughn plans to deliver something beyond our imaginations (most of which can't imagine past Ratner ever-so-dull X-Men: Last Stand.)
This all sounds great, and with Vaughn's track record I have some faith. Though considering the genre.. I'll Believe it When I see It! And to the death of superheros, Good Night and Good Riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment